USC remains out front for junior receiver

February 1, 2013 

2014 WR Jaylen Barbour of Monroe, NC continues to favor USC. His offers include USC, Duke, North Carolina, Appalachian State, East Carolina and NC State.

"I haven't heard much from South Carolina lately but I figure they're finishing up with their 2013 class and then they'll focus on my class," Barbour said. "They were the first to offer me and they're still my leader."

Barbour plans to attend USC's spring game this spring. "I went down there last year for the spring game and I loved it," he said. "I'll definitely go back this year."

He plans to attend a junior day at Charlotte this weekend and still has Clemson, Wake Forest and Duke as likely destinations. The Blue Devils are making a strong push for Barbour.

"They're always telling me to call them and are showing me a lot of love," said Barbour. "I'm going to the Duke-(North) Carolina basketball game in February. I went to the Duke-UNC football game this past season and it was a really loud. I had a good time."

Barbour does not have a time frame for a commitment.

Go Gamecocks is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service