South Carolina released its pre-spring depth chart on Monday. Here are some observations from looking over the list (the actual depth chart is down below):
1. The depth chart acknowledges that injured players Connor Shaw, Mike Matulis, Cedrick Cooper, Rico McWilliams and T.J. Gurley will not take part in spring drills.
2. Jersey number changes: Damiere Byrd will wear No. 1; Nick Jones is No. 3; Connor Mitch is No. 6; D.J. Park is No. 60; Ronnie Martin is No. 10; Marquis Roberts is No. 21; Mason Zandi is No. 74.
3. Damiere Byrd, Bruce Ellington and Nick Jones are listed as the starting receivers. Shaq Roland is Byrd's top backup.
4. Redshirt freshman Brock Stadnik is A.J. Cann's backup at left guard.
5. Redshirt freshman Cody Waldrop is listed as the starting center, replacing T.J. Johnson.
6. True freshman D.J. Park is third at right guard behind Ronald Patrick and Will Sport.
7. The tight ends are listed as Rory Anderson, Jerell Adams and Drew Owens.
8. Mike Davis is listed first among tailbacks, followed by Brandon Wilds, Kendric Salley and Shon Carson.
9. Junior Connor McLaurin is listed as the only fullback.
10. Senior Chaz Sutton is listed first at Devin Taylor's defensive end spot, followed by Gerald Dixon. Darius English is Jadeveon Clowney's top backup.
11. J.T. Surratt is listed as the starter at Byron Jerideau's defensive tackle spot.
12. Kaiwan Lewis and Marquis Roberts are currently first at the linebacker spots, followed by T.J. Holloman and Kelvin Rainey. (Rainey is moving from tight end.)
13. Junior Sharrod Golightly is listed first at spur ahead of redshirt freshman Jordan Diggs.
14. Junior college transfer Ronnie Martin is Jimmy Legree's top backup at one cornerback spot. Ahmad Christian is listed as Victor Hampton's main backup, but it's not known how much Christian will practice with the team. He is playing baseball and recovering from a back injury.
15. Kadetrix Marcus is the starter at the free safety spot, followed by Chaz Elder (who practiced at corner and safety last year).
16. Chris Moody is Brison Williams' top backup at strong safety.
17. Landon Ard is ahead of Nick St. Germain for kicking duties.
18. Victor Hampton is listed as the punt returner.
19. Coleman Harley is the top long-snapper, while Patrick Fish is the holder.